Ok so had my first actual OB prenatal appt today....
Started off with the nurse taking me back to do my weight and vitals and such...As she was goin through my file she was telling me what all they would be doing for my appt...Said I would have my PAP and pelvic exam and they would try to get the heartbeat but because I was only in my 9th week not to get my hopes up they may not be able to get it....
So i go in get my gown on doc comes in and does my pap after were done with that she's just going over how my thyroid meds are working and stuff then she asks me if I've scheduled my ultrasound yet told her no she was like ok well Ill put it in the computer for you to schedule it so we can get a good record as of now size and age etc...Asked if I was having any other problems concerns etc that I wanted to bring up told her no and that was that...Didn't even attempt to hear a heartbeat at all.
SOOOO.Left that office made my next appt then went to radiology to schedule my ultrasound. Now when I left my OB i was under the assumption she wanted me to have my first ultrasound before the next time she saw me....So I tell the radiology chick i need to schedule one she brings up my file askes me how far along I am and is lookin at the calendar next to her making a face and then she tells me well our schedule isnt out far enough for when we need to schedule it. I kinda gave her a look and was like well she wants me to have it now so whats the problem she was like well no she put routine ultrasound in which means 20 weeks which is november for you so we cant schedule it till oct. We dont schedule it before 20 weeks cause you really cant even see anything.....(BULLPOOP Ive been through three nephews and neice I know you see plenty before hand) so I was like uh no Im gonna go back and talk to my doc.
SO we went BACK to the OB clinic and had the nurse talk to the doc and she was like oh no she wants you in for your 20 week....I was so pissed. I had gotten excited thinkin that I could be goin in in the next few weeks to see the lil bean....Nope sure aint...Insurance only pays for 2 ultrasounds the entire pregnancy unless some complication comes up.
So really didn't leave the hospital feelin all too happy with the way things are done...I did like my doc but I wont be seeing her next time since they just schedule you with who ever is avalible...SO most likely I will see a different doctor everytime and WHO KNOWS who will actually deliver the bean....But oh well I will take is as it comes and just try to sit back and enjoy the pregnancy that so far hasn't been bad at all.
1 comment:
I'm with you ... you can totally see all kinds of stuff before 20 weeks. But as someone who had high risk pregnancies with 8 billion sonograms ... you kind of get to the point where you'd like to have a week without one.
Don't forget to bring a videotape!
-Moi from Last Good Nerve (thanks for the linky love - I returned the favor)
Post a Comment